Thứ Ba, 7 tháng 6, 2011

I have 5 year old cell phone that works perfectly fine, should I trade it for a new one?

I have 5 year old cell phone that works perfectly fine, should I trade it for a new one?

I have 5 year ancient Nokia 1100. It doesn’t have a color screen, it only has monophonic ringtones. But even after 5 years, the battery lasts 2 days, and it only takes about 20 minutes to recharge. That model is considered as one of the most “accident resistant” ever made; I’ve dropped I dunno how many times, and it’s still working. I hear color phones with camara and all that stuff have to be recharged like everyday for a long time. I doubt persons phones can stand me dropping it as many times as I’ve dropped this one.

Why would I buy a newer one?

Answer by saulg21
Don’t do it. Waste not,want not.

Answer by dave’s fotowerks
I’ve got a three-year-ancient Samsung r-225. Got a second on off ebay for 10 bucks, so I’d have a spare battery and a back-up. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Answer by christata32186
you dont have to. unless you have cingular..i heard they are plotting on charging public with ancient phone and extra $ 5 a month unless they upgrade. I have a newer phone with sprint that is really excellent as far as life accident resistant…its the sanyo 7400. it has rubber around it….ive thrown it across the room and its been fine :D . stick with what you like.

Answer by Elana
Unfortunately, in many cases the question really comes down
to how much money you are currently paying for the service
you use.

A new cell phone may not be the issue – the service that comes
WITH the new cell phone might be much cheaper.

Shop around. If you can exchange your service without changing
your cell phone, or you’re service is relatively competitive, then
I say “Your cell phone is thoroughly tested”.

If it works, has the range and features you need, why mess
with your life?

Answer by jk123
You may have too soon if it is analog. Analog phones run on some of the older technology in the business and cost a lot of money for the cell phone companies to operate, at least compared to the small amount of users who still have analog. U.S. Cellular for one is offering customers a free replacement phone in an attempt to get rid of their analog customers. Cingular is plotting to start charging a $ 5 surcharge for persons still using analog. Not sure about additional providers, but you might check into it.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Nokia 3220
old nokia cell phones

Image by ீ ๑ Adam

I was throwing out a broken mainframe fan and noticed that the additional end of the USB cord fits in my (5 yr ancient) Nokia cell phone. Is there any function for this? Just curious–trying to optimize my nerdiness :)

Answer by truthful
With the right software, you can transfer contacts between your computer can cell.

Answer by asian.otaku
sometimes its just to charge it or upload pictures, videos, etc. on to your phone or computer
(:

Answer by Pickegg.com
a usb cord compatible with your cell phone will solve your conundrum.

Know better? Place your own answer in the comments!
Stephen Elop’s Nokia Adventure
Market share dwindling, stock cratering, persistent takeover talk. How the CEO is trying to lead Nokia past its epic fail
Read more on BusinessWeek


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét